Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What We Ate Tonight

I like to try new recipes from time to time and I like to brag to my family and friends when things turn out tasting delisioso! The only problem is... they ask for the recipe and I never remember to pass it on to them! Well duh! Why don't I share the tried, tested, and tasty right here?

I am not turning this into a food blog, and I am not turning myself into a foodie. These recipes are stolen from all over the web and I will try to remember to give credit where credit is deserved.


Recipe Stolen From: http://elizabethbryant.blogspot.com/2010/05/korean-beef.html

"1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 - 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers (to desired spiciness)
salt and pepper
1 bunch green onions, diced (don't skip this!)

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown hamburger with garlic in the sesame oil. Drain most of the fat and add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper and red peppers. Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors. Serve over steamed rice and top with green onions."


This was quick and easy (just know that statement is coming from someone who doesn't like to make Rice-a-roni because too many steps are involved... brown the rice? Really?)! I had this ready when Chad came home for dinner from work and lets just say it smells great! I think I got mad brownie points for Chad smelling dinner ready before I even said a word! I served ours over Jasmine rice because it is the bomb!

A special thanks and a shout out goes to Debbie for the side-dish tonight. I sauteed some eggplant that she shared from her garden! I don't know how I made them look like soggy pickles but they tasted awesome! Lately we have also been enjoying zucchini she shared with us as well. I am not exagerating when I say it was the biggest zucchini I've ever seen in my life... I would say 5-inches thick and maybe 18inches to 2 feet long! I have been slicing it up and throwing it on the grill... yum yum yum! I think I still have enough to try my go at zucchini bread for the first time... wish me luck!

No comments: