Monday, September 6, 2010

24 is the new 23.

As you know, birthday's are a big deal to me! Chad is always the trouper and never fails to step up to the occasion and make my birthday the best week ever! This year my birthday was on a Sunday. April and Kyle came up and we all went to stay at Misty's on Friday night to Sunday morning. Kyle had a big diesel truck event that Chad tagged along too (Kyle is an awesome diesel mechanic at Toxic Diesel in St. George). That meant Misty, April and I got to spend Saturday doing our favorite activity... SHOPPING! I was on a shoe kick as usual and bought some GORGEOUS heels. Saturday night Kyle, April, Chad and I went to birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Although I chickened out and didn't sit on the saddle... it was still super fun eating at one of my favorite restaurants with some of my favorite people!

Sunday morning we headed home to get ready for my birthday party! I wanted to do something fun but different so I invited friends over for:


It was my way of having an excuse to dress up! It kinda backfired on me in the fact that we got back late from Misty's and I didn't end up having time to do my hair or makeup like I had hoped but it was still super fun! We made mocktails (drinks without any alcohol of course!) and had fun hanging out and playing the game Things.



Kasey also made me my favorite birthday cake that has become somewhat of a tradition for us... Oreo ice cream cake! I don't think Sister Weaver knows we got that from her years ago and we have become a huge fan of it! Yummy!


(remember me saying I didn't have time for my hair or makeup? Don't judge too harsh)

Thanks everyone for a fun party!


The day after my birthday was Labor Day and Chad had a few surprises up his sleeve. He told be to get ready and wear comfy shoes... then we headed North without my having any clue where we were going. First stop, The Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake. I've wanted to go to the zoo since we've moved to Provo and it was finally our day! It was perfect weather and it was such an awesome day walking around with my sweetheart and seeing all the cute (and not so cute) animals!

Cute- Baby Zuri!


Cute


Not Cute


Next Post: Birthday Present in the form of Hanson Tickets :) I know you're jealous!

No comments: