Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chad's Birthday Week Extravaganza!


Around here we don't celebrate Birthdays.
We celebrate Birthweeks!
I hope Chad enjoyed his Birthday week as much as I did.

Chad didn't want a birthday party so instead we had a cookout for Memorial Day and shared birthday cake there. Carol helped me make the cake and I think it turned out really fun[ny]!

We love opening presents under a Christmas tree so why not have a Birthday tree for the same reason? I hope Chad enjoys my silly little ideas!

After opening presents (and then watching Harry and the Henderson's... I know you are jealous of our awesome movie choice) we decided to pick up some Subway and then head up Provo Canyon. We found a fun place to eat at the Upper Falls at Bridal Veil Falls. We enjoyed our subs with a beautiful view and then headed down to the Falls to hang out with Carol and Nick (and baby Kailyn who they were babysitting). It was gorgeous! Then we drove around back in Vivian Park and saw a cute teenage moose! I yelled out MOOSE! and Chad didn't really believe me so we backed up and sure enough... there was my little moose friend! I got out of the car, and after making sure no mean mama moose was around I took pictures!

On our way home we went by the BYU Creamery Outlet where Katie works and she hooked us up! I love love love creamery ice cream.

For Chad's Birthday night we went bowling at Miracle Bowl. On Wednesday nights games are only $1 so we bowled three games. We both did good! Chad scored 177 and I scored 119. Anytime I break a hundred I'm excited!

Chad's Birthday week continued on Friday when we went to a concert at the Sandy Amphitheater. Chad had told me a couple weeks before that he had a surprise for ME for HIS birthday... He couldn't keep the surprise for long before telling me he got tickets for us to go see Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband. If you haven't heard them yet go check them out! They are super fun and it was a great concert. It sprinkled on us a tiny bit but besides that it was the perfect night for an outdoor concert and I really liked the Sandy Amphitheater.

{Friday was also Hannah's birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH! We love you!}

All in all I think Chad's Birthday Week was TONS of fun!

6 comments:

emilysuze said...

I'm so jealous! You did all of my favorite things--Bridal Veil Falls, the Creamery (I used to work there), and Ryan Shupe! You're such a great wife! Happy birthday to your hubby!

Chad and Elizabeth said...

Thanks! Come visit so we can do all those things with you!

April said...

wow that's awesome! love the post!

Britt and Josh said...

oh wow you guys had one amazing day!! I LOVE love the present tree thats adorable. we need to go bowling with you guys again when we get back. we miss ya!

Joe N' Jess said...

Dang that's So fun! we do weeks too, haha! you two are looking SO good and So happy!!

Sean & Meagan said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so jealous! I want a birthday week! Come to Florida! I love Ryan Shupe...but I'm even more jealous about the Mindy Gledhill thing...I love her! Yay for birthday weeks!